Tuesday, July 15, 2008

40 Weeks

Well, it's 40 weeks, and I'm still pregnant!

I'm starting to have regular "tightening" of the uterus. Really, they are contractions, but I hesitate to call them this because they don't hurt at all... at least not yet. Trust me, I know they are going to!

I've decided to start my maternity leave, even though there's no baby in sight yet. I figured this time will allow me to rest up, clean up, prepare and organize a little more, and also give me time to help coax this baby out.

Today I have high hopes of organizing our room more, cleaning the kitchen, cooking and freezing some food, and going for a walk... in the pool. I'm sure after doing just one or maybe two of these things I will need a nap, but that's the beauty of it all. I'll be able to rest no problem.

Think good thoughts. Pictures to come later, when my photographer gets back from work!

3 comments:

kljackson15 said...

Oh sweet girl....hang in there. I'm just so happy the whole doctor thing has worked out. Now it's just the waiting....grrrr.

Let me know if you need someone to accompany you on the walk...I get home around 4P.

Anonymous said...

Happy due date!!!

Anonymous said...

(well, it's still the 15th where I am)