Sunday, January 13, 2008

The scale was RIGGED.

The more I think about it, the more messed up I think the scale is at the doctors office. How could I possibly have gained 9 pounds in 4 weeks?! We have a scale at home, which we have tested to confirm it was calibrated correctly and, according to that scale, I weigh like 5 lbs less.

I'm not worried about gaining weight in pregnancy, that's what's supposed to happen. I was just shocked to hear that I had gained so much in such a short period of time. I've decided that it's time to start getting myself in shape for a number of reasons, like having more energy, being more prepared for giving birth, and carrying a baby (and car seat and diaper bag) around with me everywhere I go.

So working out started this week. Let's hope it lasts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are too cute!
This a a very neat blog...i'm impressed !This is my first blog comment ever...
-Julia Lake

morethangray said...

awwwa.

were you wearing the same clothes when you were weighed each time? clothes (and shoes!) can way more than we'd expect.

exercise and nutrition are great. i'm glad you're taking action about something you don't like. while it might not be ideal, you do have the rest of your life to lose a few pounds...