Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Baby Blog

So I thought it would be a cool idea to start a baby blog so I could document everything that is happening and be able to share it all later, whenever we decide it's okay to tell people. Can you imagine how disappointed I was to see that the blog name babygrover.blogspot.com already existed!?!? It's kind of strange because this girl is due at the very end of this year. The strange part is, their family's last name isn't even Grover, it's KELLBACH!!! I guess her maiden name is Groves. Oh, and another weird thing is that her wedding anniversary is the same day as ours. And you're probably wondering how I know all this. The answer is that I'm nosy. That's all there is to it. I read the whole blog, looked at her baby registry and flickr account and now I know. This is why I am good at tracing and finding people.


You're probably not reading this to learn the details of some random lady's life, so I will end this post with my first belly picture. Here we are at end of week 5 (I think):


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations from the aunt of the "other" Baby Grover.

Nancy

Baby Grover said...

Hello Elena and Lane!

I'm so glad you commented on our blog to let us know you are out there. I've enjoyed reading your blog. You are correct, my maiden name is Groves and before we were married my husband started calling me Grover and when we got pregnant we knew we'd have to call the baby Baby Grover. I've told this story to my friends and they agree there are some similarities between us. I would have totally done the same snooping through your photo account, registries and other blogs (in fact, now I already have) - I've always been that way. Having the same wedding anniversary is so strange too, although it sounds like you've been married much longer.

Congrats on your pregnancy with your own Baby Grover. It sounds like you got to share the news with everyone on Christmas. I remember how exciting it was to finally be able to tell people! I'll continue to follow your blog and plan on blogging about this, so expect to see some hits to your blog from Iowa!

Good luck!
Robin